If you have been on a quest to increase your wealth and escape the restrictions of scarcity, you should evaluate whether you have a wealth mindset or a poverty mindset. Just this one simple thing, your mindset, can be a great predictor of whether or not you will succeed in achieving your financial goals and getting to the abundant life that you desire. So let’s take a look at the difference between the two, and explore the reasons why it’s so necessary to move to a wealth mindset in order to end up where you want to be.
What Is A Poverty Mindset?
If you grew up in a home where your family struggled to make ends meet, it is very probable that you have a poverty mindset, and you might not even know it. A poverty mindset is the way that you think, reason, and perceive the world, and it has been programmed to think in terms of scarcity. This is not a shameful thing or something you ought to be blamed for. On the contrary, it’s perfectly understandable! However, it IS something that you should identify in yourself and take steps to leave it behind.
A poverty mindset…
- Sees the world through a lens of scarcity
- Feels like there is never enough to go around
- Makes decisions based on short-term reward rather than long-term strategy
- Doesn’t see a way through obstacles
- Has trouble prioritizing which activities to focus on
What Is A Wealthy Mindset?
If you grew up in a home with a wealth mindset, you might not realize it, either, because it’s just the natural way you see the world. However, what you probably do realize is that you seem to struggle less than other people to build your wealth, and it may even feel like you seem to magnetically attract abundance to yourself. It’s a good feeling!
A wealthy mindset…
- Sees the world through a lens of abundance
- Feels like there is always a way to get what is needed
- Makes decisions based on long-term strategy rather than short-term reward
- Doesn’t see how any obstacle could withstand being smashed when it meets their unstoppable force
- Takes the time to prioritize tasks and execute them with laser focus
How Do You Migrate From A Poverty Mindset to a Wealthy Mindset?
It isn’t easy to change your established patterns of thinking and switch to a different lens through which you see the world. However, it is possible, and many people have successfully switched their thinking.
If you have struggled to change your mindset, try these tips:
- Take a moment every day to clearly visualize the success that you want.
- Look for the creative solution to bust through brick walls every time an obstacle comes your way.
- Build your mental toughness by going a few steps beyond the pinnacle that you thought you could reach in each task (in work, fitness, relationships, etc).
- Develop insane amounts of discipline. One great way to do this is by training yourself to get up early in the morning (which requires you to have the discipline to go to bed earlier at night).
- Read, learn, and consume voraciously wherever you can find a trusted source of instruction.
- Never give up or relinquish your hope, optimism, and confidence that the future will be better.
While these strategies are a good start, they might not be enough. To truly enter in to the fullest possible wealth mindset, you need access to a real person who has also made that successful transition. That person is LaShawne Holland, someone who has been there herself, fought for the mastery, and broken through to the wealth mindset (and all that comes with it). Get access to LaShawne when you enroll in the Wealthy Leaders Institute or one of her courses, and you’ll discover how your thinking begins to shift dramatically under her contagious enthusiasm and hard-hitting, common sense advice.
Is Changing Your Mindset All You Have To Do?
It would be foolish to think that just changing your mind would be all that it took to enter into the abundant life that you’ve always wanted. No, it’ll take more than just a mindset, it will take patience, faith, persistent action, and unending drive. The people who successfully make the transition to financial freedom don’t get there by sitting on their hands and thinking lofty thoughts. They get there by DOING things.
What are you waiting for? There is so much more to the story, and LaShawne Holland is here to guide you every step of the way toward YOUR most abundant future. LaShawne has an amazing 12-month program called Abundance Attraction where she guides you through the basic principles of money. Click here for more information!